Non-honors: 11 courses
Non-thesis honors: 12 courses
Honors: 13 courses
- History of Science 100. Introduction to the History of Science
- Four additional courses in the history of science, medicine and technology. Normally, at least three of the four courses must be History of Science departmental courses. Historically oriented courses in other fields may be counted towards this requirement (with the prior approval of the concentration adviser).
- Four science courses in one coherent field, though not necessarily in one department. Note: Courses may be drawn from any of the physical and biological or life sciences. (See the Guide to the Science Area for information about science areas and courses that can count for concentration credit in each area).
- History of Science 97. Tutorial, Sophomore Year.
- History of Science 98. Tutorial, Junior Year.
If honors option is chosen:
- History of Science 99ab. Tutorial, Senior Year (the senior thesis - two semesters).
If non-thesis honors option is chosen:
- A history of science 200-level course